Tell Your TAC Cup Story in the Herald Sun
SportingPulse and the Herald Sun will be running a 5 week local football series lift out in September. This is a great opportunity for TAC Cup clubs or supporters to submit articles regarding their club.
The insert will be written by the community for the community, and we encourage you to submit your stories. They do not guarantee your story will make the final cut but they do guarantee that they will circulate all submitted content across all SportingPulse AFL websites in Victoria. With over 90 leagues and 1300 clubs in the race to submit content, the sooner it is received the more likely the inclusion.
While the chance to have your TAC Cup club and its stories published should be incentive enough, there are also great prizes on offer.
- The content piece voted the best by SportingPulse will win a $5,000 cash prize for their club.
- The author of the content piece voted the best by The Herald Sun will win a 4 week cadetship in the Herald Sun sport department.
This is the biggest celebration of local footy in the Herald Sun for decades. Please contribute your stories to ensure your club has the opportunity to share its story with 1.4m Victorians this September.
Below is a list of suggest topics but you are more than welcome to come up with your own ideas.
- tall tales, footy/bush legends, urban myths
- Volunteers, unique fundraising, great sponsors, club movers and shakers
- Lookalikes (photos), where are they now, then versus now
- milestones, goal kickers, game record holders, father and son, in the family
- the best local pub, best ground, best clubrooms, best guernsey, best club after match function
- recovery from flood, drought or fire
- great rivalries, hatred, worst away trip, biggest crowds, most members, feared home ground advantage
- AFL connections at your club
- impact of player payments on the club, cost of running a club in the current economic climate
- worst conditions – wet/snow/wind/heat
- most successful club, oldest club, mergers and takeover
- auskick program, junior development at your club
- footy trip gone wrong, most exotic footy trip location
- great recruitment stories
- longest kick at your club
- funny or memorable photos you may have
- best tattoos at your club (photos welcome)
- AFL International Cup connections if any
To submit your article or idea, visit www.gameday.com.au/heraldsun but disregard the due date, this will be extended to early August..
Stories and content can also be submitted directly SportingPulse via email to email@example.com
The five series inserts will appear during September, so get writing.