Top of the table clash
After seeing off the Murray Bushrangers’ attempt to knock them off the top of the TAC Cup table last week, the 8-1 North Ballarat Rebels now face another challenge from a team second in line to their throne.
The 7-2 Dandenong Stingrays leapfrogged Murray into second spot on the ladder with an impressive 21-point win over the Gippsland Power last week and will now play host to the Rebels at Shepley Oval on Saturday.
Neither team will benefit from no Division 1 NAB AFL U18 Championship action this weekend, with the likes of Jacob Weitering, Gach Nyuon, Thomas Glen, Kurt Mutimer, Darcy Tucker, Matt Johnston and Jarrod Berry all rested this week before Round 5 next Friday at Simonds Stadium.
The Rebels however will be without Connor Byrne, Jacob Hopper (NSW/ACT), Ezekiel Frank and Daniel Rioli (NT) who have been selected to play in Division 2 of the Championships, that begin Saturday in Queensland.
Both teams have performed exceptionally well in the absence of their Championship players in recent weeks, so this will be a heavyweight battle not to be missed, Saturday June 20, 1:30pm, Shepley Oval.
In other games:
- Murray Bushrangers and Geelong Falcons clash in a 4th versus 3rd match up
- Bendigo Pioneers and Gippsland power meet at RAMS Arena, with Bendigo keen to add to its first win of the season last round
- Eastern Ranges will be keen to end its win / loss/ win / loss cycle when they play Oakleigh Chargers - a team they lost to by 43 points in Round 2
- Northern knights and Western Jets will both be striving for win number two for the season as they clash in the TAC Cup Radio game at Preston City Oval
- Sandringham Dragons and Calder Cannons will both be trying to keep in contact with the top 8 when they meet Sunday at Trevor Barker Beach Oval, with the U16 Vic Metro v Vic Country practice game a curtain raiser for this clash.
CLICK HERE to view the teams.